Monday, August 14, 2006

::sigh:: another Monday

So that making-exercise-habit thing? Not as easy as it sounds.

Saturday I slept late, we got up and did some shopping, and then I had to pull myself together for the local Psychic dinner, a fundraiser for our upcoming Pagan Pride Day. It was a nice time, I knit on my sock and socialized, and got some nice soaps and a Disney print at the silent auction. But no exercising that day.

Sunday was a bust. Puttered, did some Avon walk fundraising on the computer, grabbed a nap, played Playstation...and got a ridiculous case of insomnia last night. To make matters worse, our fairly new downstairs neighbor is the lightest sleeper on the planet. She's asked us twice (by passive-aggressive notes on our door) to keep it down after 10, so we've taken to closing the bedroom door so that Figaro doesn't tear ass above her bedroom. But last night she banged on the ceiling because I made noise apparently when I got up to take a leak. So I'm through feeling apologetic about it. We're doing our best, and she can fucking deal with it for 8 more months or move. She's the assistant manager of the complex, so we're feeling kind of threatened, but it's bullshit; we've lived there 8 years with zero complaints prior to now. You don't see us complaining because her dust mop of a dog spends its days barking when Les is trying to sleep (his schedule's backwards from mine). I hope I don't see her anytime soon, because we're destined to have words.

If I give blood today, then I'll put off working out for one more day (company blood drive); otherwise, I'm hitting the treadmill after work if my eyes can stay open. Did NOT get enough sleep last night, and I'm raring for a fight.

2 comments:

Alexa said...

Exercise should help with insomnia. It does for me, anyway. I got the fundraising email, will donate when storm windows, oil tank and raise are all figured out. I got you into this mess, didn't I?

ruthee... said...

Mel: be SURE to keep a diary of any encounters with the assistant manager: the notes, the banging, her dog barking, etc. Should there be any problems, you don't want to go back and try to rebuild this history after the fact, relying on memory....