Thursday, May 25, 2006

Almost there!



Holy God, but am I ready for my little mini-vaca!!!

I feel absolutely trapped at work today; my mind is packing the rest of our stuff, praying that Cyril will come through for us this weekend so I don't have to worry about our furry kids too much. We're gonna let him have free rein of the joint so that he can check up on our furballs and feed Jordan the moist stuff at least once a day. I'm gonna worry anyway, it's only been a month since Jordan's vet visits and he's still too skinny for my liking, but with no car, there was no way to bring them with us this time.

I just can't concentrate. I'll finally get to see Columbia, albeit only a glimpse in the dark. We roll in tonight around 1 in the morning, but the Amtrak station is right downtown, so I'll at least be able to catch a vibe off the place once I rub the sleep out of my eyes.

In classic Johnson timing, Les got the flu last night, so he'll make a perfectly miserable traveling companion in all likelihood; with a little luck, he'll sleep the majority of the trip and won't be able to bitch about his inability to smoke on the train. I'll be knitting; been so frickin' busy with laundry and getting ready for the trip that I still have like, 17 rows of seed stitch to polish off on the B4. That's the priority; any washcloths or extra bibs I can turn out between now and Sunday are afterthoughts.

It's gonna be a high family drama weekend, but at least it's a change of pace and locale. I can't wait to get there!

No comments: