Thursday, April 13, 2006

Yup...not right in the head...


So I'm finally able to listen to music at work again...Les and I share the discman at home, and recharging the batteries is a pain in the butt so more often than not, I just forget to bring the damn thing. But I just got a brand-new Dell XP Pro system at work, so I asked permission to use the CD-ROM for personal music. It's nice having a computer with sound and decent vid capability, lemme tellya.

Definitely in a weird place at present though, because instead of bringing up NPR or one of the local radio stations, I find myself listening to Enya, which is perfectly respectable, or.......wait for it...........Hampton the Hamster. Yes folks, way back when, Melanie invested the $6 or whatever on a single CD that contains 3 versions of the Hamster Dance. What can I say, the beat wakes me up. Still, to be 36 years old and listening to the Hamster Dance...feel free to pat me 0n the head next time you see me.

Renewed interest in SSS of late; must be due to the painful demise of our poor ruthee's SSS. That's 2 SSS disasters and no completions as yet in our little group, but I refuse to be intimidated. Of course, it helps when you give yourself a break; I've found a couple of holes in my progress--little ones--but since I'm the one that's going to be wearing it, I decided against tinking; with laceweight, it's murder anyway. Since I went with the non-mesh pattern, the holes are in st-st areas, so they won't run, I don't think...please god, let this be the case! Also plunking along on the B4...the umbilical hat's a snore, straight st-st in the round, so that's been seeing the bottom of the bag, and the same with the little dress I started, because it feels like I have too many projects going at once. Gotta finish something!

Ready for weekend...

No comments: