Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Yarngasmic


Graphic courtesy of a fellow knitter/blogger http://knitandtonic.typepad.com My sis will definitely think I've gone round the bend on this one, but any diehard knitter who looks at that picture and doesn't think to themselves, oh yeah, that's the stuff....isn't being honest and needs to reflect.

Alas, this self-proclaimed diehard never picked up the needles last night...I'm still stinging over the fact that seed stitch finally bit me in the ass again, creating a lovely little design flaw/feature about an inch long on one side of the border of the baby blanket, that I absolutely don't have the strength to frog back past, so I'm leaving it in. Of course, usually when I say that, it only takes another day or so for the self-pride to kick in, and since this is going to someone, it's in the denial/we'll see category.

So with no knitting to talk about, I give you a survey snitched from Lil Sis's LJ:

1. DO YOU SNORE?
Apparently like a buzz saw...the cats aren't safe near my mouth when I'm in REM.
2. ARE YOU A LOVER OR A FIGHTER?
Both, I think; hard to tell what's stronger
3. WHAT'S YOUR WORST FEAR?
Losing Les
4. AS A KID, WERE YOU A LEGO MANIAC?
Not a maniac, never needed a support group or anything. Loved building anal stuff with 'em, especially houses with the big flat green one as the base. I do love that they've just come out with Eggos that look like Legos!
5. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF "REALITY" TV?
Evil. Contributing to the downfall of TV in general. Lacking social redeeming value.
6. DO YOU CHEW ON YOUR STRAWS?
No. I do remember chewing on pencils when I had braces.
7. WERE YOU A CUTE BABY?
Well, I wouldn't throw me out of the crib. (oh, and Meara, for the record, even with your Above All scars, you could've won contests!)
8. IS THE SINGLE LIFE FOR YOU?
ROFLMAO! Um, no. The pirate's life's not for me either.
9. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR KEYBOARD?
Work: Black (brand-new Dell!:), home: beige
10. DO YOU SING IN THE SHOWER?
Umm, not really. When I sing without working at it, I can't carry a tune. Hum occasionally.
11. HAVE YOU EVER BUNGEE JUMPED?
Yeah, right. Afraid of heights and that "holy shit, I'm going to die" feeling that you get on rollercoasters. Not happening anytime soon.
12. ANY SECRET TALENTS?
This ain't me being humble, I just can't think of any...
13. WHAT'S YOUR IDEAL VACATION SPOT?
Tent camping someplace with Les, state park, ideal weather...
14. IS JAY LENO FUNNY?
Eh. I'm more a Letterman fan, but don't watch either with frequency; put myself to sleep at night with M*A*S*H*
15. Have you eaten sushi?
Not really.
16. HAVE YOU SEEN THE MOVIE "DONNIE DARKO"?
Yes. It freaked me out and baffled me and I'd like to watch it again to try to understand it better, but can't imagine being in a place in my head where that'd be acceptable. F*cked up movie!
17. DO YOU GIVE A DARN ABOUT THE OZONE?
Well, yeah, but more concerned with how we're destroying things right here on earth.
18. HOW MANY LICKS DOES IT TAKE TO GET TO THE CENTER OF A TOOTSIE POP?
Well, I don't bite my lollipops, so a damn sight more than 3.
19.CAN YOU SING THE ALPHABET BACKWARDS?
Um, no, but I can recite all 50 states in alphabetical order :) Hey wait, I've found my secret talent!
20. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON AN AIRPLANE?
Yeah, it's a blast!
23. WHAT'S YOUR STAND ON HUNTING?
I'm fairly against it across the board, unless you're actually hunting for food.
24. IS MARRIAGE IN YOUR FUTURE?
Heh. Yup. And Past. And Present. ::sigh::
25. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
When I work at it; thanks to computers, it's pretty messy. Oh wait, it's always been that way.
26. WHAT ARE YOU ALLERGIC TO?
Aspartame (Nutrasweet)
27. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAID, "I LOVE YOU"?
This morning as I was nuzzling husby goodbye to head to work
28. IS ELVIS STILL ALIVE?
Vacationing with God in Miami Beach
29. DO YOU CRY AT WEDDINGS?
Nah. I'm too busy getting drunk.
30. HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR EGGS?
In my ovaries. ::slaps leg, giggles:: Also omelet, scrambled, hard fried.
31. ARE BLONDES DUMB?
No worse than brunettes or redheads
32. WHERE DOES THE OTHER SOCK GO?
Fourth dimensional sock vacuum.
33. WHAT TIME IS IT?
10:41 a.m.
34. DO YOU HAVE A NICKNAME?
Ember. Big Sis. MJ. LMP (Long Mountain Princess--we lived on Long Mountain Road when I was little). Rosebud (that one's from when I was little too).
35. IS MCDONALD'S DISGUSTING?
Yes, and it puts me to sleep too, but I clog my arteries with the crap anyway.
36. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WERE IN A CAR?
This morning, driving into work.
37. DO YOU PREFER BATHS OR SHOWERS?
Showers, I guess; hard to find the patience for baths. Now if we had a tub like the gal in the graphic above...
38. IS SANTA CLAUS REAL?
Of course. Keeping those ideas alive is part of the magic of life.
39. DO YOU LIKE TO HAVE YOUR NECK KISSED?
It's definitely up there on the passion meter, though my ticklishness gets in the way sometimes.
40. ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK?
Not really, anymore, though that fear didn't really leave until I was sharing my life with someone.
41. WHAT ARE YOU ADDICTED TO?
Chocolate, coffee, knitting, reading, The West Wing, L & O SVU and regular, M*A*S*H*, Panera's hazelnut cream cheese, and the list goes on........
42. CRUNCHY OR CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER?
Creamy JIF, crunchy for a treat
43. CAN YOU CRACK YOUR NECK?
No...Les can though, and it still wigs me out!
44. HAVE YOU EVER RIDDEN IN AN AMBULANCE?
In the front :( .....Dad was in back.
45. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BRUSHED YOUR TEETH TODAY?
::hides head:: I'll do it later, I swear!
46. IS DRUG FREE THE WAY TO BE?
We-ell, I have no problem personally with the occasional herb, but with our money problems, it's a non-issue.
48. WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR EYES?
Blue-grey, depending on the light and what I'm wearing
49. WHEN'S THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Indulged just the other day when I caught the end of Phenomenon on HBO
50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR LIFE?
Yes. I wouldn't mind more money, and teeth and a big dose of self-esteem for Les, but I'm patient. I look forward to kids, studying environmental science, working from home...these things/dreams make the present bearable.
51. WHO'S BETTER, FALL OUT BOY OR MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE?
::sigh:: I'm too old for this question :( Wouldn't know My Chemical Romance if the group set up and played at my work; but I heard Fall Out Boy on OTH once (One Tree Hill, for you people with lives that don't revolve around the idiot box) and they weren't bad, so yeah, them.
52. ARE YOU PSYCHIC?
Yup. Nothing honed or reliable yet; maybe in another two or three lives, it'll be sharper.
53. HAVE YOU READ CATCHER IN THE RYE?
Yeah, one of those books that I wasn't forced to read in high school, so I read it on my own.
54. DO YOU PLAY ANY INSTRUMENTS?
Still own two trumpets, I'll never pawn those. I have a small keyboard, drum, and recorder that I goof around on. I want to learn violin, six-string harp, and that wooden flute for potential Waldorf homeschool my kids in their secondary years.
55. HAVE U EVER STOLEN MONEY?
I invoke my 5th Amendment right against self-incrimination.
56. CAN YOU SNOWBOARD?
Never tried. Did ski once, but that whole fear of heights thing kept me on the bunny slope the whole day.
57. DO YOU LIKE CAMPING?
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! Wish I was doing it now. Honestly, only been twice, but it's lovely, in spite of the work involved.
58. DO U SNORT WHEN U LAUGH?
Rarely.....ok, occasionally.....
59. DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC?
I'm a witch, what do you think?
60. ARE DOGS A MAN'S BEST FRIEND?
Yeah, though there's something to be said for when a cat wakes up enough to lower himself to pay attention to you too.
61. DO YOU BELIEVE IN DIVORCE?
Certainly. Doesn't mean I'll ever subscribe to it.
62. CAN YOU DO THE MOONWALK?
Half-assed
64. IS IT COLD OUTSIDE TODAY?
Nah, pleasant, getting up to almost 80
65. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Inhaled a Cinnamon Crunch Panera bagel with hazelnut cream cheese, aaaaaahhhhhh!
66. DO YOU WEAR NAIL POLISH?
Toes, absolutely, even though it's a pain in the tush to do. Clear on fingers.
67. DO YOU WEAR THONGS?
Just say NO to butt floss!
68. WHAT'S THE MOST ANNOYING TV COMMERCIAL?
Anything with Keith Pierson's kids, the Olsen twin wannabes
69. DO YOU SHOP AT AMERICAN EAGLE?
Um, no. Or anywhere inside a mall at present.
70. FAVORITE BAND AT THE MOMENT?
Beats me, haven't listened to the radio in a while. Enjoy Kelly Clarkson still, as well as angry chick music, Enya's new one, Linkin Park, and whomever's on Garrison Keillor's show.

Well, that's enough blogrific torture for one day :)

No comments: