Friday, September 30, 2005

Patience

Well. mr. sock has suffered a setback. I have no idea how I picked up enough stitches to give him severe elephant ankle, but that's what happened...madam ruthee took one look at it and said, give it here...and proceeded to frog 2 inches. After the smelling salts took effect, I thanked her and proceeded to start turning the heel all over again...but my brain wasn't in it or something, because I goofed up again and spent the evening unknitting...and I think there's still some unknitting to do, which I'll probably try to do tonight after the inlaws leave, because ALEXA'S YARN HAS ARRIVED!!!

10 balls of White Buffalo (Straw) that we found for a steal online, and the Elann shipment of White Buffalo trim (Persimmon) and Clover circulars is in the package mailbox in my section, I'm 90% sure. The dingbat mail carrier left a note in my box to return the key and that my package was still in the lower box...problem is, she never gave me the key in the first place! So I'm hoping against hope she delivers it to my door today; otherwise I'm gonna have to catch her tomorrow after the Autism walk and straighten it all out. I feel like it's being held hostage!

I think I'm going to try the Color Waves pattern for the first 20 inches or so, then work the V-neck according to the ruthee book I was perusing last night. I should look at that Poncho and Wrap book she had too, make sure I understand what I'm doing. I'd love to do it all in one piece, but realistically that's in the we'll see column.

No comments: