Thursday, January 20, 2011

Taking Stock


Outside: Started out neat...foggy and 30s...but getting up to 70 F today. These kind of days piss me off, the cold...just kidding! aspect.....plus my head's pretty much in that image above today...

Inside: Tech support's being noisy...it's annoying, but not as annoying as the QA guys who talk back and forth to each other...I REALLY need to update the iPod this weekend, so I can listen to something other than rude coworkers while I edit. Whinewhinewhine...

Wearing: Red sweater, purple scarf, black pants and seriously-comfy-and-inexpensive-($12!)-evil-big-box-store boots that I haven't figured out how to tell Husby about yet...to a man, they're similar to the boots I absolutely hate that make me look 12, so justifying the expenditure may take a pinch of finagling...

Creating: Well, the blasted green hat was a bust, because I'm a dingbat and did the wrong type of cast-off, so it doesn't fit...can't decide if I'll save it for a gift for a person with a small head (xmas next year for niece?) or frog it...probably the former, b/c I'm lazy and it does look good otherwise. Pic maybe later...will prob start a hat for myself next.

Reading: Integrative Nutrition still (and hoping I can renew it at my library)...neglecting other library books in case I do have to return IN tomorrow...

Going: Sticking close to home, too much to doooo!

I may do away with the Hoping section...it implies that lack of control, and while I don't consider myself much of a control freak (though I'm pretty sure there are those who would disagree), the truth is that things will happen in my life these days because I've become organized and energized enough to make them happen, so what's hoping accomplish?

This weekend, more lists will be drafted, a box or three will be investigated, and some cleaning will occur. I'm thinking tomorrow will be a rest day workout-wise, so I'll hit the Y both Saturday and Sunday. We've had the windows open lately and the fresh air helps in our apartment. I'll do some writing about the move and beyond it. And Husby and I will enjoy the weekend. Not a bad plan at all.

Image from here.

No comments: