Thursday, January 13, 2011

Taking Stock



A bit belated...I usually do this on Wednesdays, but laundry night gets scatterbrained really quick around here. 10 more months until we're finagling a washing machine in house...

Outside: Somewhere between brisk and holy crap cold! It's a good winter IMO, though as I said to Lil Sis the other day: "well, it's not supposed to get above 50, so I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the idiot natives wearing shorts." Sure enough, there were 2 in the grocery store that night. I love Floridians.

Inside: Heat on, but low...we're trying to keep the bill down.

Wearing: Nightclothes, slippers, hair's up, then it's down, up, then it's down...

Creating: a green hat, not much else. Bought a larger set of circulars tonight, so if I decide to frog said hat, I'll be able to recreate it in the right size.

Reading: Integrative Nutrition by Joshua Rosenthal (thank you, Interlibrary loan!), some Wendell Berry, Eliot Coleman (need to break down and buy his stuff used at Chamblins)...

Going: celebrating Mom's b'day on Sunday; otherwise, sticking close to home, chipping away at the clutter...

Hoping: I can get things accomplished on Saturday. I can continue to improve my eating habits. I can shake off the grumpies and get my ample ass to the Y. I can forgive myself when the grumpies keep me from the Y. The usual. Pretty glad tomorrow's Friday.

Image from here.

No comments: