Monday, May 17, 2010

Pensive Monday

Yeah, well, about that full-of-promise weekend...

It was like coming down from high stress...no, wait, it WAS coming down from high stress. The combo of Dad's anniversary coupled with the interview on Friday dug into me in ways I wasn't aware of until I was still wandering aimlessly early afternoon Saturday or grabbing a nap on Sunday. Depression made me fall off the fast food wagon Saturday night. Sunday was a little better - Les and I went out and got a few things accomplished (like getting rid of a pile of Goodwill, a box of recycling, and purchasing a new recycling bin FINALLY!), and by some miracle, I grabbed a quick nap afterward and woke up feeling refreshed instead of guilty and bitchy. Didn't sleep well last night though, so trying to take it easy today.

Last year I remember thinking that hurricane season started about 2 weeks early. The "official" timeframe is May 30 to September 30, but the rains started 2 weeks ahead of that last year. Fast forward to the present and the same thing's occurring - rain expected all week. I'm not complaining; the retention ponds look pitiful...though I could've done without the stressful ride into work, doing 40 on the interstate with the hazards on. Just gotta keep an eye on my plants, make sure they don't get too waterlogged. Man, I can't wait to put stuff into the ground...I'm not built for this container gardening thing.

We're back to having a duck sitting on eggs...will try to get pics soon.

The hardest thing about eating smartly is not having the money for it...for the most basic things. Like not wanting to eat Jif yourself because of the potential that the oils in it are GMO, but not being able to spend the dough on an extra jar of organic PB. Like not being able to spend the money on different ingredients that go into homemade granola, when it's cheaper to grab a box of Quaker. It seriously comes down to that these days, when my paychecks are barely making ends meet. Certainly gets me thinking about the future...how to survive til March if I don't get the marketing gig, what kind of jobs to look for up in Charlotte...

No comments: