Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lots of words...lots to think about...








Shaking off the orneries...last night, had my first (and hopefully only) sleep study to see if I enjoy symptoms of apnea. Well, enjoy isn't the right word. Foreign, uncomfortable, claustrophobic blast is more like it...nice facility, brand new, with all the amenities (shower, satellite TV), but still, yuck! Took out my contacts, which was a mistake, because padding around without my glasses made the experience worse. Was hard to have 'em on, because of all the shit on my head.


1) EKG leads on legs and chest

2) Multitude of leads on head: face, jawline, neck, back of ears, and buried in hair

3) Weird little plastic thing in nostrils as base for nasal cannula-type thing that I'm guessing measured my breathing...that's 2 things in my nose

4) Two straps around my body that I'm guessing were half to measure respiration too, and half to hold all the leads close to my body

5) Pulse ox on finger


"You can sleep in any position except on your stomach."


Yeah, you try rolling over with all that shit on!


And let's not forget the night-vision camera watching you in the dark the whole time...::shudders::


I normally fall asleep on my side. Twice, managed to roll over wrong, which brought in the tech to jiggle wires back into place, and twice, I had to pee...that meant calling her to come in, make sure my wires were aligned properly, and then realign me once I was back in bed. Such a blast! Kept my hair in a ponytail all night, which was also uncomfortable...normally sleep with it down.


And I couldn't wear face lotion last night, because they want a clean canvas for the leads, and my fair skin still hasn't forgiven me for that.


OK, I think I'm done whining. Thinking of hanging this post on my fridge, for when I need motivation to lose weight...remind myself of the stress/worry and discomfort I've experienced in recent weeks, probably all due to the extra 100 pounds of ass I carry around. It's sobering.


On the plus side, going on 3 weeks of a clean kitchen. Well, clean for us. The pics probably highlight stuff I should be embarassed about, like the permanent stains on the side of the fridge or the clutter I still keep on the cutting board, but I'm loving it. I move the clutter behind the cutting board and shift it forward to use the whole thing, which is much better than how I had it before...before, only half of it was accessible because of the small kitchen appliances on it. Having the room to knead bread dough...words fail. Doing better on the concept of a meal plan too...


And I finished the socks. For me. They're quite imperfect and a pinch large, but I'm machine washing them tonight, which I'm hoping will block them nicely. I need to cast on a pair for my MIL, since the xmas socks were way too small...hopefully tonight, and I'm going with an easier pattern, that's for sure. Spreading out lace patterns over months is a royal bitch.


Was going to cast on for the Knitting Olympics, found a nice cowl pattern, and blast if the right needles aren't on another project...may treat myself to a 2nd pair this week.

No comments: