Monday, November 23, 2009

Fell off the wagon and it ran me over...

Checked some books out of the library about diabetes. Woke up hypoglycemic this morning after indulging in candy and pasta the night before. Sucks that I'm getting the hint right before Thanksgiving, but can't be helped. Maybe next year...

Bad news at dentist too...two teeth with multiple cracks that will require crowns and a possible root canal. The worse news is that I really can't afford to get 'em fixed until after the first of the year.

So glad I'm only working 2 days this week. Making an appt with my doc for my next Monday off, so I can talk test results. I'm a bit down, but just going to concentrate on educating myself and planning my meals well.

1 comment:

Alexa said...

The carbs really seem to do a number on you!

For pasta, we've switched to Barilla Pasta Plus. It's a bit more expensive, esp compared to store brand, but it's made with lentil flour and egg whites and some other stuff, so it's got more protein and fiber than regular pasta. M doesn't eat any meat, but she LOVES pasta, so we started eating it to benefit her. It's pretty obvious when you just garnish it with olive oil, but a good tomato sauce disguises it pretty well.

Good luck with it all!