Thursday, June 18, 2009

Food and new bosses and rain and...

Just some randomness...

New boss is prettier than her pictures...unless it's not her. Googled her pretty soon after finding out her name the other day, and the qualifications match...

"I'm not a misanthrope. I just think most people are assholes."
~ Melanie J.

Case in point...we've had two emails so far today about people who left the lights on on their cars. Yes, that leans more toward a dingbat moment than an asshole moment, but I mean, unless you moved to Florida yesterday, you should be pretty used to having your lights on during hurricane season regardless of the time of day. Said to Meara, I must not suffer fools well....until I leave my lights on, that is.

Rediscovered Pioneer Woman today, thanks to another misanthrope, my buddy over at Forthwith, and am drooling over her recipes. Found out today that I'm probably inheriting another cabinet, and while that'll probably freak out the Husby (as I've mentioned before, we're kind of up to our ears in furniture in the smoke-filled pit we call home), I'm really looking forward to stacking it on my current free-standing cabinet so I can have easy access to the rest of my kitchen tools. They both need to be sanded down, minor repairs done, and refinished, maybe even painted. My wheels are turning...

My brain is already in weekend mode...there's boxes to be gone through, neglected plants to be salvaged, cooking and baking and veggie shopping, and lord knows what else to keep me busy. Mom and Meara head out of town tomorrow to Ohio; the family is memorializing Aunt Sandie on Saturday morning and then celebrating my Uncle Mike's new marriage that afternoon. Wish I could've gone, but there's no way...we're back to normal in the money department these days, and now that I'll be editing again soon...I'm a little nervous about the finances. Plus our insurance premiums went up, starting next check. So tack budgeting further onto that list for the weekend, because I've been thinking lately about how I want a) a savings account specifically for emergencies like car trouble, cat illness, and family members dropping dead, and b) to really look at the move, what's standing in our way credit-wise, and how to realistically plow over those obstacles and get our butts up to Charlotte (or Columbia or ...).

Maybe Riverside Arts Market this weekend for the veggies.....and Chamblin's for a book run. Laundry at Mom's...what else...?

No comments: