Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thinking about stuff...

Nothing earth-shattering...just plunked down $8.15 at Panera for lunch, and while it was delicious and satisfying, it got me thinking again about how there's nothing but me stopping me from creating lunches like that to bring from home. Now granted, I'm operating with a handicap of late...said to my mom today that between hormone therapy and my micropromotion, I'm lucky if I leave the house with the bra UNDER my shirt. But I'm thinking of stopping the hormones and doing a seesaw with the lithium, so I may have a few more marbles to work with upstairs in the coming weeks. I have doctor's appointments for my meds and my yearly female fun this week, so I'll address all that with them then.

But it gets me thinking...about how easy (and fun) it would be to cook a soup or light stew on the weekends for dipping into from the freezer, how salads aren't seriously complicated, how lunch doesn't have to be just sandwiches, and with just a little planning in the evenings, I can set myself up for nutrition and saving money on the midday meal. So frickin' basic, and I don't even have kids to distract me yet. Setting these habits in place now could make a world of difference down the road, regardless of whether there's small people on the scene.

Two days off this week just cuz...Saturday Mom's treating Meara and I to a half day at a local spa, that'll be nice!

No comments: