Sunday, November 30, 2008

Reconciling

With myself...a good pal reminded me that everyone goes through phases where they feel they're barely accomplishing anything. I'm not so special (I know, I know, you didn't mean it THAT way). I'm just always a little hard on myself, because I used to be a type A, and now...I know better. I live two lives too, and being stuck in the "other" life gets tiresome and frustrating. My "good" life is where I'm on my proper doses of prescribed medications and my head feels screwed on straight. My current life, well, my patience is shot and I don't give myself nearly enough leeway.

It was a nice Thanksgiving. I 86d the acorn squash and we're still up to our ears in leftovers. I burned the pie, but it was still edible. Gonna have to freeze the sweet potatoes so they don't go to waste.

We need to consolidate the recycling and take out the trash today, and tidy. Can't believe it's Sunday already. Trying not to be too down about that. I woke up thinking about things, and I hope to assuage my guilt over not getting enough done this weekend by sitting down to make some lists, really think about the next year and what I'd like to have happen versus what will probably happen. Kind of parse my dreams against reality, see what sticks.

No comments: