Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Wow...

Some things coming clear this week, quite a few things...one boss leaving, making it clearer the possibility that I could shift into a supervisory position here at work (in the months to come), either in Gretchen's current post or as QC team leader. I'm ambivalent, to be sure; I prefer the QC work to the prospect of supervising, and any pay increase would be a joke. But when push comes to shove, we're talking about job security with bennies, and when you're trying to start a family with a disabled husband, there's not much more you look for. Dreams shift, not to be forgotten, just set on a shelf. So I'm opening my mind to the possibility and looking for ways to improve my image with the higher-ups.

And we're finally trying for kids :) I don't think it took this month, but I'm going back on Clomid and Estradiol next month and we'll see. It's a true eye-opener, looking at life from the prospect of being someone's parent a mere 9 months later. We have an enormous amount of work to do. Like, understatement. This is where the "To Do" lists will take on new life...more later.

Check out "For Better or For Worse" today (August 6, 2008) - Excellent!! And I'd love to know how many US publications chose not to run that strip...

No comments: