Thursday, August 21, 2008

I work for a very fancy meat market

BAH! My tight-assed company finally came to the conclusion that they needed to shut down operations this afternoon...

BUT...

They hate shutting down so much, they're a) making us use our own PTO if we do go home, and b) blackmailing people with time-and-a-half to stay on the phones...

Since a huge chunk of the phone folks are having to go home due to bridges closing, kids, etc., they're looking for folks who don't normally work the phones to do phone work too...

I haven't worked phones in 4 years. We can always use the money, but do I need 4 hours of solid stress to get it?

So now I feel like I'm not a team player because I'm electing to stay at work doing MY JOB!! 8½ years working for this sweatshop and I feel like my loyalty quotient just cut in half. Great.

Dumb-assed tropical storm.

Ahh...ok...vent over, moving on...

No comments: