Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Limbo

Feels like I'm in some kind of limbo. Weird. Training's winding down already from a QC perspective, but we're still stuck listening to process details that we won't have to worry about, so I'm torn between being a good little brown nose and taking notes on EVERYTHING, or just goofing off. So far, the goofing off is winning. We start training on the floor Thursday; I think I'll be able to get back to my old schedule then. Two more days. But who's counting...

My brain's naturally working on other stuff. I'd rather be knitting. Working on a soaker and want to start something with the LB Homespun in that gorgeous hunter green color. One or two aloes out front, the rest out back. Getting Husby to take out the clutter in the foyer. Didn't get to meatloaf this past weekend, so what the heck are we going to have for dinners this week besides that tuna stroganoff (not bad, by the way)? I know my head gets cluttered like this when I'm med-weaning; so long as I make myself some lists, I shouldn't get overwhelmed. I was highstrung last night after work, but again I could tell what was causing it, so I just puttered around a bit and tried to hold my tongue until I calmed down. One thing I need to work on though, is keeping off the computer after work...I think it's only contributing to my inability to wind down toward bedtime.

Today: voting after work, got another book on hold at the library, turning some money into money orders for bills, laundry...a tall order when I don't get off work til 6 p.m. Gotta remember to ask the front office about our washer/dryer options.

No comments: