Saturday, July 07, 2007

Yes, folks, she figured out her digi cam!


















Yeah, ok, so I have some practice to do still...

The first one: Dad's urn (cherry or rosewood? can't remember which...) backed by Mom and Dad's wedding photo. The seal is for the Department of the Army; he served from 1953 to 1956. The rest:

Timothy Michael Lyons
KT • Papa • Sir • Grand-Sir
June 10, 1939 – May 12, 2007
"Until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand."
Irish Blessing


KT stands for King Timothy; I was the Long Mountain Princess, the name of the street we lived on in New Milford, CT. When Lil Sis came along, she became the Above All Princess after the street we lived on in Warren, CT. Grand-Sir is how Hunter knew Dad; we brought it up as a joke right after he was born and it stuck.


The green Model T actually runs! It's a 1927, I believe, belongs to my Uncle Dan and he still drives it in local parades and the like. He fired that sucker up after the funeral and we all took rides to the cemetery and around town in it; quite a blast when you're drunk!


The headstone is the family plot, conveniently situated on the first corner on the right as you come into St. Johns Cemetery in Norwalk. Meara couldn't get over all the headstones; I had to remind her that those suckers would sink right into the aquifer in Florida, which is one reason you rarely see them that prolific in the South. They'll put a nameplate for him on the main stone, as we're running out of room for separate markers around it.


I know Mom's bummed that he's up there, but I can't help thinking that that's where he belongs, right near his brother and dad, in the neighborhoods where he grew up. The three of them can ramble around the area fixing old cars and doing yard work. I miss the area already...it was a great visit, and I hope I can scrape up the dough to go back up there when Nanie passes.

No comments: