Thursday, October 12, 2006

Average week


My god, that shot was taken in Marietta, GA (www.webshots.com)! I didn't know the South produced color like that.

Not getting a whole lot accomplished this week. Avon Walk's in a holding pattern. I turned in letters to my CEO and CFO for donations from the company, but that could take a while. I'll be a tad irked if I decide not to walk and it turns out that my company fronts me enough dough where I could have, but somehow I doubt that's going to happen. And besides, I'm going to volunteer when walking falls through, so .....

Been working late and feeling scattered in the evenings...looking forward to the weekend and getting some cleaning done. Never aired the place out, so if the temps stay bearable, that's definitely getting done, because the apartment's starting to feel like an ashtray.

Decided to frog two projects this week. I started Villa, heck, probably a year ago, but it's straight garter stitch and very boring as a result, never mind that I thought about it this week and concluded that I have no business making anything that remotely resembles a poncho, because it'll be the polar opposite of flattering on my body. I found a Lion Brand pattern for a wrap that may be better. I'm in the middle of a real love-hate relationship with Lion Brand Homespun...it's 100% acrylic, which I'm presently loathing everywhere I look, because I'm going through a serious Waldork-natural living phase, never mind that Homespun is a very subtle shedder...you won't see strands around you, just all of a sudden you'll have them in your mouth. Weird. But I pulled out my Triangle Homespun shawl this week to wear at work, and when I put it around my shoulders, all I could think was: OHHHH!! SOFT!! So I'll probably frog Villa tonight at KB; didn't get to it last night. Last night I caught up on Tuesday tapes, watched Eps 3 & 4 of Grey's (got the 2nd season DVD for late b'day from Mom!), and frogged the other sock I had started, and started a cheat's fingerless mitts pattern (really easy, no thumb gusseting or anything).

Mom got her hands on tickets to Garrison Keillor Tuesday, so Les and I went. It was delightful! Really good seats and lots of laughter, and man, can he spin a story! It starts to sound like the old joke about the family coming home from vacation....

What happened while we were gone?
Well, the dog died...
How'd the dog die?
From eating the burnt horsemeat....
Where'd the burnt horsemeat come from?
From when the barn burned down....
How'd the barn burn down?
Well, we think it was the sparks from the house...

And so on...was also delighted to discover that The View from Mrs. Sundberg's Window is back on the Prairie Home website. Mrs. Sundberg is a fictional woman who listens to Prairie Home Companion on Saturdays amid the distractions of her husband and kids. It's fantastic writing, but she stopped for about a year, I'm assuming because her creator was buried in getting his show made into a movie. Read the archives sometime; they take you outside of yourself for a spell, and there's some great recipes to boot. Can't wait to try the Chocolate-Cherry cookies this holiday season!

No comments: