Tuesday, August 22, 2006

To each their own


My Lil Sis thinks knitting is weird for anyone under the age of, oh say, 80, so blogging about it sends me right up a tree in her book, I think...to which I say, hey, at least I'm not a Weekend Cat Blogger!

Sad thing is, if I owned a digi cam, I'd probably try it. I'm that much of a sheep. Lord knows Jordan and Figaro are worth the press, the little freaks. I mean, let's face it; cats put up a good front of aloofness, but they ain't running on all 8 cylinders.

Weekend Cat Blogging (WCB) appears to be when you allow your cat to take over the blog on the weekends. I've been reading a lot of our Foodie Farmgirl lately, coveting her life and her land, and today I indulged in investigating her food blog links to the right (HEAVEN!! Holy crap, the ideas I have for recipes to try! Whenever I get to thinking the Internet is evil, I'm going to remember the amazing creativity I've witnessed today.) One in partic, What Did You Eat?, I plan to pilfer several recipes from. This lady, in addition to sharing some scrumptious looking piccies and recipes for food that's mostly very good for you, also has an extremely long-haired cat named Upsie who partakes of WCB. Just had to snitch a couple of pics of said furball; they're hilarious. I mean, doesn't he look like he's thinking, "if you don't get this thing off my head, I'm going to leave a hairball in your mouth while you sleep."

Another random thought: while I admit to enjoying the convenience of living in this urban type of suburbia we call Jax, the speed with which it's expanding makes me shudder. Traveled to the Intracoastal area between Arlington and the beach this weekend and couldn't believe the building that has occured of late. I mean, seriously, does this city need any more freakin' Super Wal-Marts or Super Targets? Apparently so. Then this morning on the daily commute, practically right next to my building, I notice a sign for an Applebee's coming soon. There's an office complex behind it that's been under construction for a month or two now, but the outer shell of the Applebee's seemingly went up overnight. I realize that in order to find the good jobs, we'll need to live on the outskirts of a city for at least the next couple of years, and I guess I'm just thankful for blogs like Foodie Farmgirl, through whom we can live vicariously.

1 comment:

ruthee... said...

Ya know....there is a program where you can volunteer time on a farm -- days or weeks. I have thought about doing it...to see if I could really do a farm...because man, when Chuck talks about it...it is a load of work.

If you want more insight, read Harvest: A Year in the Life of an Organic Farm.