Thursday, August 31, 2006

Quick update...

Will be taking a couple of days off for Labor Day weekend...the wilds of SC are calling, I need to go explore Columbia, see sis-in-law's new place, see other sis-in-law's new critter (niece), hug my tree, lay on the grass, beg donation money from their nice neighbors, etc...

The new computer came in!!! We didn't expect it until after Labor Day, but were surprised yesterday by 2 boxes carrying our new Dell system. Still working some kinks out; I played on it for a couple of hours last night, and went blonde on a licensing issue with the MS Office stuff, plus I couldn't figure out how to turn off the CPU afterward (yes, folks, I work on a computer everyday), but man, it's a beauty! The other surprise (and this is worth a chuckle): no A: drive. Nothing for a 3¼-inch floppy. It boggles my mind that those have gone obsolete. I spent the better part of an hour yesterday transferring my novel from one disk to another, and in the process transferring every chapter from Wordpad documents to Word 2000 documents, because I was afraid that the Wordpad docs wouldn't be compatible with the new system (just didn't want to take a chance given the age of our old system), and all we've got is a frickin' CD/DVD drive/burner! I had to laugh. At least it's all in Word now, that is a relief. It'll be easy enough to transfer to a CD, or we can get a flash drive. Kinko's doesn't let you do it yourself though, so probably won't do it there; I've worked on that sucker for so long, there's no way I'm letting any of it get stolen.

Also learned this week that I can't drink while on Wellbutrin; sent me into a downward spiral that I'm still clawing my way up from. I wasn't hungover, but I was the emotional equivalent of gum on the bottom of a shoe. I never felt that way when I drank on Paxil, can't remember the last time I was that low; I mean, we're talking crawl-under-the-desk-bang-my-head-bruise-myself low. It brought back memories of Fort Myers. Never again.

Good. Don't need the damn stuff anyway.

So definitely hopping to KB for a bit tonight, chill with the ladies and Robbie, then home to throw stuff together for the trip. Laundry sitch is getting desperate.

Can't believe it's almost September. Not looking toward the ole birthday really; maybe this year, I'll just let it pass. I would love a violin or a guitar for a present though; been dropping hints to husby :) Can you ignore it and still get gifts? Sounds like one of them women's perogative things to me!

No comments: