Monday, August 28, 2006

Monday...


I will not panic about the fundraising I will not panic about the fundraising I will not panic....

Actually this pic is all the motivation I need. Meet Alexa, her husband, and their 2 beautiful girls, along the route of the Boston 3-Day, which she walked in earlier this month. That sucker's 60 miles over 3 days, and she raised more than $5,000!

Still, I think I need to write her and see if any of her donors are itching for some more tax deductions on next years' return...

Sent out my 2nd bulk mailing today, after FINALLY procuring enough stamps to pull it off, but it's a hodge-podge of people that I can't rely upon necessarily—family, friends, and doctors alike. I haven't drafted the media release for the local affiliates yet, or composed a letter for my company (with separate ones for the suits in charge), so the panicking's a shade premature, but with a mere 54 days left to the walk, that countdown clock's louder than my biological clock right now, and y'all know how noisy THAT one's been of late.

Bought my rain suit (my frugal nature actually had me pondering a poncho for a split second; then I remembered my arms and legs in the 2002 walk, and I came to my senses) and an extra sports bra this weekend, as well as the mylar blankets that saved my ass at the last walk. Buying stuff a little at a time should help. Still need an extra pair of shorts, 2 pairs of exercise pants or capris, my sneaks (which I'm hopefully getting both mommies to help with), one of those self-inflatable mats for under the sleeping bag (gave brief attention to one of those kindermats that small people use to nap on in school, only $5.99, but came to my senses on that one too...even though I'll be tired enough to sleep standing up after the first day, that's no reason to get nuts about the money saving when comfort's the issue), and a handful of other things, but I'm starting to feel prepared material-wise.

Wish I could say the same for my training...the weather turned rainy last week, which we desperately needed, but I didn't have the rain gear, plus the rain made us realize where the heck the humidity's been this summer. Holy crap, is it oppressive out! Hot, damp, breathe-in-and-the-air-feels-heavy-wool-blanket-smothering-you-summer has finally hit, and with Ernesto creeping up the peninsula, there's no immediate end in sight, so I'm just going to bite the bullet, buy more orange Gatorade, and get on the road. Working on 4-mile walks this week; I have a couple of routes mapped out thanks to an amazing little online tool that Alexa turned me onto...going to map out a couple in SC for the coming weekend too.

Wish me luck! Oh, and if you haven't been begged at by me yet, don't wait for the engraved invitation...check out my Avon Walk page at the links on the left and get donating! Tell your friends! Tell your enemies! Even $5 makes a difference; I should know, it's all I could afford to send Alexa :(

No comments: