Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Four-Day Weekends Go By Too Fast :(

Where'd this sucker go? I lazed my way through Saturday and Sunday, spent most of Monday with Mom and Meara, and Tuesday afternoon at Steve & Lynn's. Poof! Back to work!

One thing that sucks is when I get great relax time on the weekend itself, but then the night before work starts up again, the insomnia hits. Took me forever to get to sleep last night, which was compounded by asshole neighbors who felt it necessary to celebrate the 4th with firecrackers into the wee hours of the night. Isn't it like, common courtesy to not perform loud noises, like setting off firecrackers, after 10 p.m.? Someone send a memo to the ethnically diverse individuals in my complex.

Monday was nice; hit the mall with Mom and Meara, got some great Bath & Body Works stuff and a new pair of Birk wannabes out of it. We hit Carrabba's for dinner (holy hell they went heavy on the garlic on the Shrimp Damian!! Gargled twice and was still scaring off vampires!), and then saw The Devil Wears Prada. Very nice movie in spite of the vacuously materialistic subject matter...made me want to lose 125 pounds instead of 75, but also made me want to pay more attention to my appearance for self-pride's sake.

Steve and Lynn's was bliss, pure joy! Poor Steve got heat exhaustion from working the grill for us, but I spent the better part of the afternoon entertaining a rather beautiful almost-2 year old. Sandy hair, cute face, small, light, prone to smiles and hugs, answers to Lukas. Reminded me of just how much small people take over your entire life though, which left me pensive. We've got a ways to go before we're near that stage still, and for all my impatience, I know this year pre-small people will be good for us.

Ah, poo, work meeting; more later.

No comments: