Wednesday, October 26, 2005

ACK! How long has it been?

Shame on me! Now granted, we had a hurricane this week, the Southern Women's Show last weekend, OT at work, and a sick husband, but still...the Vneck is coming along so easily, I'm admonishing myself for ever worrying about it. SO glad I found that Vogue book at KB last Thursday...it was one of those teach-you-everything books and spelled out really easily that by using 2 balls and decreasing on either side every other row, BINGO! Vneck :)

So I haven't been bringing it to work though, because between the 2 balls and its increasing size, it ain't worth it just to squeeze a row and a half in my 15 minute break. Worked on it for most of TV time last night and am 2/3 done with the Vneck...should be able to finish it and start a new puck before KB tomorrow. Saturday's pretty packed with Witches Ball prep and then the ball itself, and Sunday I'm working :( But Tuesday I have off to accompany Les to 2 doctor's appointments so I can basically knit all day.

I'm motivated more lately, not just to finish it for Alexa, but so that I can start on Mom's prayer shawl right after, get it done with time to spare for Yule. I'm not crazy enough to knit something for all my key people at Yuletime, but would like at least that done.

1 comment:

Alexa said...

Story told by one of my cousins at my mom's memorial service...

She received a package with a tiny little sweater in it. Like a couple of inches long, 2-dimensional. Also enclosed was a note saying something like "If you wish hard enough this will grow." Several months(?) later, mom sent the whole sweater.

Kind of a fun way to use up the sample swatches and buy yourself some time.

It looks like we've got a few chilly days (40's on Saturday) and then a warm spell (60's) for Halloween and early Nov. Remember freezing your a** off trick-or-treating? Whenever you finish, we'll be happy to toddle about town in the poncho.