Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Taking Stock


In. Da. ZONE.

It's OT land here at Chez Johnson. I'd work a double today if I thought I could manage it, but I'm pretty sure my eyes will rebel around hour 12. The walking sphincters who run my office are still threatening mandatory work on Saturday. My adamant attitude against this unfairness in the face of what Saturday represents for me, is fading as we get closer to it, simply because I'm not in enough of a position to squawk about it. It's not like they'd can me probably, if I simply refused to work on Saturday, but when you see panhandlers every week while commuting to the office, it certainly puts things into perspective too. I have a move to save for, sneakers to buy...to say nothing of keeping the crappy roof over our heads.

So, when I finish a Starbucks latte, I cock an eye and peer down the little sippy hole, just to make sure I got it all.....I'm not the only one who does that, am I?

Outside: Heat ramping up...

Inside: noisier than normal this week...everyone's overworked, makes 'em chattier.

Creating: an attitude in need of adjustment...

Reading: Let's Pretend This Never Happened

Going: Hopefully to New Balance, the Arboretum, and the beach on Saturday...

Hoping...
Woke up throughout the night with what I'm guessing is a pinched nerve in my shoulder. I'm guessing nerve because of the location of the pain and the fact that Advil only takes the edge off. Don't think it's a shingles relapse or anything, but can't figure out what caused it, since all I've been doing is sitting on my arse working a mouse.....quite annoying.

The Bloggess is going to Charlotte! Gonna suck up to Lil Sis so she'll get me a signed book...

Mom and Meara leave for Ireland tomorrow...prayers for a safe and fun journey.

Image from here.

No comments: