Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Endurance

I seem to have it. Whodathunkit.

Did my first try at 4 miles yesterday after work. A nice walk overall, though not nearly enough sidewalks. Jacksonville just sucks for sidewalks, but I was out of the range of serious traffic for most of it. Went down a hill off my access road into private communities of townhomes and the Baymeadows golf course, then down Baymeadows to home. Probably a little less than 4 miles, I shaved a bit off by using the golf cart trails for a piece, plus found another hole in the fence behind our complex. The heat was grueling though, started feeling it by about 2/3rds through, but that was also because Les was being overprotective before I left, so I felt obligated to keep my time down. I'll have to stick to main roads, so that he'll chill, because I don't want to be worrying about time; I'm working on distance and posture, nothing more.

But am I sore today? Barely! My right foot's being ornery, but that's normal after that level of distance, and I got 1 blister, so I'm definitely going to see about getting those new sneaks when we go up to SC. I'm going to do yoga today after work, because I also need to do laundry, and tomorrow I'll walk again.

It's in me!

No comments: