Monday, August 21, 2006

Another Monday rears its ugly head


Photo courtesy of the 2005 album for the Charlotte walk at http://www.avonwalk.org

Where in the hell does the time go?

Two months from now, I'll be strolling along the streets of Charlotte, NC. I'm not in the least bit ready. Sonofabitch.

Didn't I muse sometime last week that I shouldn't be giving blood because I was in training? Unfortunately I followed giving blood with the monthly friend (who calls it that anymore?), and it knocked me on my ass for a week. Whoever says the two shouldn't correlate because your uterus isn't sloughing off actual blood from your body's 10-pint storehouse is full of shit. I don't usually cramp past the first day; whereas this one was unusually draining. I'm going to have to content myself with the idea that I may have saved a life by donating blood, dust myself off, and get back on the road.

Tonight I project the rest of my training and do at least 2 miles.

Worked a little bit on all three projects this past weekend at least. Once I get another puck or two on the cape, I'm going to need to start figuring out how I want to shape it. I can't even imagine doing k2togs to shape the shoulders; the yarn's too thick and my needles are too small. If I increase the needle size to decrease around the shoulders, am I defeating myself? I'm thinking yes. Still got a ways before that's an issue; also still pondering yes or no to armholes.

Goofing up on mr. sock a bit on the heel, which just means that picking up stitches will be more challenging later. SSS is still a soothing distraction.

Les tried his hand at quesadillas last night. He didn't seem too impressed afterward, but I was in heaven! Yum!

No comments: